Smith and Warner Officially Banned for 1 Year by CA
- Cricket Australia addresses media over ball tampering
- Steve Smith, David Warner, Cameron Bancroft being sent home
- Coach Darren Lehmann CLEARED of involvement
- Proper sanctions to be handed down after investigation completed
- CA boss James Sutherland said only three players knew of plot
- Tim Paine has been officially appointed captain of Test team
- Matt Renshaw, Joe Burns, Glenn Maxwell to play in fourth Test
Smith and Warner Officially Banned for 1 Year by CA, with Cameron Bancroft for nine months for masterminding the ball-tampering scandal.Smith and Warner have also been banned from captaining Australia for two years.
Cricket Australia will issue a press release shortly, with coach Darren Lehmann set to front the media later tonight (AEDT).Smith will depart South Africa tonight and will front the Australia media upon his return.
Earlier, Sutherland refused to answer whether Smith will captain Australia again, if Warner would play again or whether the players “cheated”.He also declared that coach Darren Lehmann was not involved and would coach on, refuting that he had offered his resignation.